Project protocol - Contents
- Workflow and sampling
- Equipment and supplies
- Reagents and solutions
- Procedure: Endurance exercise test
- Definitions and calculations
Step Procedure performed Equipment Data collected 1 Familiarization with equipment treadmill - 2 Body weight measured prior to each test scale body weight 3 Endurance exercise test treadmill duration, distance, work
Mice were allowed one week to become accustomed to the housing facility before starting the exercise test.
Mice perform two graded exercise endurance tests on a 6-lane treadmill, separated by 48 h. For each mouse, the test average is taken.
- Mice are first familiarized for 2 days: day 1 running for 10 min, 10° incline, at a speed of 9 m/min; day 2 running for 10 min, 10° incline, at a speed of 11 m/min.
- Mice are tested on days 3 and 5 after weighing. The exercise capacity protocol is as follows: 9 min, 0° incline, speed 9 m/min --> 9 min, 5° incline, speed 10 m/min --> thereafter speed was increased 2.5 m/min every 3 min, grade was increased 5° every 9 min to a maximum grade of 15°.
- Testing is terminated when mice maintain contact with the grid for more than 15 s continuously or can no longer be motivated to run.
- work: calculated as a product of body weight and vertical distance, where vertical distance = distance run x sin(theta), where theta is equal to the angle of the treadmill
- body weight